Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, February 24th

What is repentance? 
What are images and words that come to mind when you hear the word, "repentance"?

The words "I'm sorry." can seem trite. I remember when my children were little if one hurt another he or she would try to get by with simply saying the words, "I'm sorry." It wasn't until I made him or her look at the other in the eyes and say it that I think he or she truly meant it. Once the eyes met and the words were spoken, the tears began to flow.


With the word repentance in your mind, take a look at the painting "Repentant Mary Magdalene" by Simon de Vos below. What does it say to you about repentance?



There is a way that appears to be right, 
   but in the end it leads to death. 
Proverbs 16:25



No comments:

Post a Comment